Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I cannot believe what God has done in the last month...

Well, life has been so busy in the last month. I have not been able to post nearly as much as I would like, but I am striving to gain the discipline that I need to be more consistent at this. I know that one day when I go back and read all of the incredible blessings that God has provided, it will be a great record of God's Goodness.

Well, in the last month many things have happened... lets see, Katie and I got a new vehicle and just a short time later My parents got me an iPhone for Christmas. Well, with that iPhone I have been able to find a lot of stuff... including a new house.

:)

Let me explain, one day, I was sitting around looking at some new IPhone Applications when I found a realestate app. It helps you find good deals on homes and property in the area... Well, I thought, even though we arent looking right now to buy, I will go on and see how it works. I loaded the app and typed in our price range and the area we are interested and the first house that it pulled up was a beautiful 2400 square foot, 4 bedroom, 2 bath, 2 car garage, formal living, formal dining room, family room, kitchen with stainless steel appliances, privacy fenced in back yard, wood deck, storage shed, play ground, and It seems like I could go on and on... but what did not make sense was the price... It was listed for $109,000. Are you kidding me? That is incredible!! So Icalled the realtor to find out what was wrong with this house or was was typed wrong in the add, and the realtor, Sue Miller, explained to us that this home was a short sale. She told us how this home was built in 2005 for $360,000 and the market has dropped so much that the family who lives in it cannot fford it, and they cannot sell it.

Sue went on to explain to us that a short sale means that we offer the bank a price and they decide what they will take from a new buyer, and then the bank takes the loss on what the first owners could not pay (the difference between what they owed and what we are willing to pay)

Sue explained that she had shown the house several times, but no one had put any kind of bid on it yet. Sue explained to us that if we were to put a bid on the house, the Bank MIGHT accept 109,000. Well, Katie and I looked at the house, and LOVED IT.

We decided that we would put a bid on the home... now, we were not sure that we wanted it, we just wanted to know what the bank would say the lowest they would take on this home... (You cannot negotiate with the bank on a short sale, after you put a bid in they either accept it or reject it, and if they reject it they will tell you the only price they are willing to accept)

So, Katie and I decided to play it safe and bid even lower than what the realtor recommended, we placed a bid for $102,000. Well, about three weeks later, while Katie and I were on a date... (we went to an Italian Restaurant called Denato's, then we went to the mall, and were standing in Old Navy waiting for a movie to get ready to start... ((Mall Cop... ULTIMATELY CHEEZY))... when I got a phone call... I had already been on the phone 2 or 3 times that night, and so I decided not to answer it, and just to check my voice mail... well: I listened to the voice mail and it was Sue and she said: LEE AND KATIE CONGRATULATIONS!!!! THE BANK ACCEPTED YOUR OFFER!!! I CANNOT BELIEVE IT!!!

We were so excited! We found out that we were going to be homeowners... Sue went on to tell us that the only change the bank made to the contract is that they wanted us to close earlier instead of waiting so long...

So we will be closing on our new home on March 10th...

There have been so many exciting details that I will come back on another day and share... All I can say is... PRAISE THE LORD!!! THANK YOU LORD!!!!! GOD IS SO GOOD!!!!!!

He has been greater than I could have ever asked or thought!!!

1 comment:

Janelle said...

Congratulations! Sounds like you all got a great deal!