Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Great Things Are Happening!

I am so thrilled about what is going on here at Suncoast Baptist Church!
In the last month we have reconstructed our database and our database software and that may sound boring or unimportant to the average joe, but that is one of the most exciting things we have done (in my opinion) in a very long time... here is the reason...

A month ago, Pastor and I went through our church database and we were amazed at how many people we just did not know! I mean, the list went on and on and we had no clue who so many different people were. We realized that we have not been keeping track of our people like we should be...


Ben Jennings put it this way: " God gives us people and we are supposed to reach these people, if we do not reach them then we are not being good stewards of Gods gifts, so are we going to passively pursue people? or will we actively pursue people?"

LETS BE ACTIVE ABOUT REACHING PEOPLE!!!!

I am excited about our new system of keeping track of people! I have already met so many people that I never knew before! I mean, several of them have gone to this church for months and months but I never met them....

Change is in the air!! I love it! Well, we are also closing on our home on Friday! We are very excited! Paul king and Paul Lockhart are going to be at the house most of the day Friday and they will be painting for us! I am so excited!!!!!

1 comment:

Janelle said...

That's exciting to get to know more of your members and a great thing to track them better.
I hope everything goes well at the closing!