Monday, March 23, 2009

RENOVATION!!!

Well, today I got quite a bit of work done around the house... of course with the help of Joe LaPerriere, one of the most handy men that I have ever met...

There were so many little details that needed to happen before we can lay the wood flooring down, and I had NO CLUE where to start. Yesterday I spoke with Joe and asked him to come by the house and tell me what I could do to level the floor.

So he told me that he would stop by this morning at 9:00 am and tell me what I needed to do... well, Praise the Lord! because when he got there, he told me what I needed to do... and then he spend 5 hours at my house helping me do it, and then also helping me do a list of other very important things! (some of which I had no clue about)

Well, first we poured out a compound that helped us level the floor... right now as I speak the floor is drying and getting harder and harder... after we leveled the floor then we tore up the tile in the entrance way with a "mini jack-hammer" and then we took off all of the base boards and then we took the old grout and thin set off the floor (well, most of it) and then we (he) cut all the door jams off each door in the house so the wood floors will go right under it. It looks really really nice!!

Well, what a blessing mr. Joe is, and it gets better... he had to leave at 2:45 so that he could make another appointment and then he called me around 3:15 and told me that he was going to come and help me glue down the wood flooring tomorrow!!!!!! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!!!

I have been waiting and waiting and waiting!!! and it seems like it might finally happen!! I am thrilled!

But wait: It gets even better, right now, Steve, Amanda, Steven James, Spencer, and Remi are all headed down here to North Port to spend a few days with us! Steve is going to help me put some wood flooring down and help me wire anything that we need wired and then do all kinds of other stuff! We are excited!!

Thank you Amanda and Steve!!

Then my parents are coming up Thursday and Friday!! How cool is that!

Then Katie and I will end the week with an incredible date, we are going to see the broadway show "Wicked", dont worry it is not a bad show, it is apparently the prestory of the Wizard of Oz... I have heard it is absolutely phenomenal!! We will also eat at the melting pot that night!!!

Well, that is our week! It sounds like lots of fun huh? Well, I hope so!

I am setting a goal right now, this very minute and we will see if it happens... I plan to have everything finished with the flooring by one week from Saturday (April 4th) and then I plan to be moving in the week of April 5th - 11th. I plan to be sitting on a couch in the living room watching TV and enjoying the house NO LATER THAN April 17th...

Lets see how it goes :)

3 comments:

Janelle said...

I hope everything goes well and that you have a great time with all the family!

FoOtBaLl XtReMiSt (cary) said...

haha.. nice.. you have your own website... hehe

Ben Jennings said...

It's nice having people in the church that can help you. People can be such a help and encouragement. We had a bunch of people come over and help us when we moved in too. Love the blog man...