Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Excited about growing...

I remember as a kid I was so excited about growing that I would constantly measure myself to see if I had grown, in fact I remember going over to my Grandmas house and standing behind a door while my mom would mark how tall I had gotten since the last time we had measured. I could take you to that door today and show you each date and how tall I was each time...

I think it is Ironic that we stop growing taller between the age of 16 and 20, and many times we do the same thing spiritually, educationally, physically and so on... Why is that?

It is so easy to shift into Neutral and let life pass by, but there has to be something more than that. There is! We all know that!

God has called us to grow! Just because our legs start growing doesnt mean our mind and our heart should stop growing too! How do we allow our heart and head to grow like we really want it to?

Educationally, (or Mentally)

1. READ
- I hate reading, but I read anyway. I am reading several books right now. I think the most interesting is "Outliers" by Malcolm Gladwell, also I just finished Communicating for Change, by Andy Stanley.

2. READ
- I love using technology as a source of growing. My iPhone helps me stay in contact with great men like Perry Noble and Andy Stanley daily to hear the great insight and wisdom that they relay throughout the day. Just last night Perry Noble said: "God called me to the ministry to serve Him, not to impress others" Ouch! Good Stuff!

MORE ANOTHER DAY...

No comments: