Monday, June 1, 2009

Graduation... Bittersweet

Last night was our graduation celebration at Suncoast Baptist Church. It was such a good service! I was reminded that this group of graduates is the first group of teens that I have seen come up from 9th grade and go all the way through High School! It is really exciting!

It reminded me of a few things:

1. The time that I have with these teenagers is so short!
- I must teach them Gods word diligently in the short time that I have...

2. Every teenager has some kind of future!
- sometimes I want to just "let some teenagers go", but I must be diligent to invest into every one, regardless of the trouble they cause.

3. I am one of the biggest influencers on these teenagers!
- I need to confidently encourage them to seek Gods path and counsel them toward Bible college.

4. God has called me to love and pray for these teenagers unconditionally!
- Have I dont that enough? No.

5. No matter how old and cool the seniors get, they still want the same thing as the junior highers:
- They want to be loved, involved, accepted and needed... How can I make each teenager feel that?

Well, another year is coming... I will srive to remember these lessons all throughout the year.

No comments: