Wednesday, August 27, 2008

ready for a vacation.

Well, once again, we had a great night in church tonight! I am so thankful for this ministry and this youth group. We had 6 first time visitors tonight! It was so exciting! I think that they really enjoyed it and I think that if we can assimilate them into the youth group then we could consistently average above 40 teens. That would be great!

I had a fun day at work today. I did a whole lot of reasearch into something called non ad valorem assessments. That is a crazy name that means: Another random tax to pay for city maintenance. Our church has to pay more and more each year, and it is getting to be a rediculous amount of money. So I looked into contacting our county commissioner and many other routes to find a way to lower this unnecessary tax. I think it would be INCREDIBLE to be responsible for making a difference that would save the church tens of thousands of dollars.

Pastor Chip and I spent more time today talking about the Choir's Christmas Schedule... It was funny... after working on it all day long, Pastor brought it to me 5 minutes before the service started and told me to check it out tonight... I told him to set it on the counter and I would not forget it... He said: "yeah right", so I told him to put it in my office so that I would not forget it...
I forgot it anyway :)

I will listen to it first thing tomorrow morning! :)

I am excited about it: I think that we are going to go with the Splendor of Christmas. I LOVE IT! It definitely pushes that Christmas spirit... Lets just say, I am already in the mood for Christmas!!!

Well, I will finish with information about Gustov... the latest hurricane. The news tonight said that it could potentially become a category 5 hurricane and it is headed straight for New Orleans. Wow! Most of that city is still not restored from Katrina. That is terribly sad! I would LOVE for it to come here instead! (because if it were to come here, it would not have time to strengthen and it would only be a category 1)

Well... Do your devotions! We had a great study today of the story of Lot. He chose to entertain himself with sin instead of Turning away from it! As I watched "America's Got Talent" last night... I was reminded how easy it is to be like Lot and "entertain" myself with sin.

When as you think about most of the entertainment on those shows... it is disguisting! Lord help me and my family and my youth group entertain ourselves with things that please you!

Well, You are now updated on the life of Lee! :)

No comments: